Sunday, July 26, 2009

MY DAY AS A HAMBURGER by Grace









Hello peoples of the world. Today we are in Hamburg, Germany with Jan-Philipp, Tom, Antonia, and Inga. Jan-Philipp was an exchange student with Mom and Dad 16 years ago. They met us at the bus station and walked to the metro station with us. They were really nice and funny. Antonia wouldn't let us carry our own bags; she kept saying "YOU'RE OUR GUESTS!" On the Metro we talked a lot despite the fact it was 10 at night. Once we arrived at their house we were completely exhausted, not that we weren't before, just that we were more so. The house was really cool. They had things everywhere -- not messy, just tight. So we settled in and went to sleep. We woke up around 10 in the morning. Gloria got up much earlier, as usual.
Inga made this HUGE breakfast. I mean we could eat it for the next week! Later on that fine summer day we sauntered out the door heading to the bus station close by. We reached the station and boarded the heavily crowded bus. We got off the bus and started the fair amount of walking to Jan-Philipp's apartment. Then, we blinked, and just like that our day was turned upside down. It started raining like it would never rain again. It came by the buckets. But everyone had an umbrella except my mom, who didn't want to carry one all day. (cause and effect). So now my mother is drenched but my dad, who has an expectionally small umbrella, is now on the verge of his right side of his body being drenched while attempting to share with my mom. We all make it to the apartment. The small dog named Jasper whom we took with us, is the wettest of the bunch for he didn't bring HIS umbrella. Wet, cold & muddy we marched into Jan-Philipp's clean & quiet apartment. We sat down in his living room talking quietly amongst ourselves. Glorie and I dry the little dog. We leaft the towel on him and he's soon a cute sleeping bump on the ground. Then Jan-Philipp brings out this 2 ferrets. They were very funny. We tried holding them but they kept running away and hiding behind things. Inga fell asleep on the couch while my mother was attempting to do the same. Inga finally got up and I took her place. For people who know me are aware of the fact that I can sleep anywhere and any time, and that's exactly what I did. I took a short nap. By the time I woke up people were anxious to leave the apartment and go somewhere. So we started walking to a park where they had a marvelous water and light show. We quite enjoyed it. After that day we went home, had a great dinner, and went to bed. The following day we went to the fair and played carnival games.

WE HAD AN AWESOME TIME IN HAMBURG. IT WAS REALLY FUN AND I MADE NEW FRIENDS.

2 comments:

  1. I'd love to be a hamburger, too! Or maybe just eat one ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the picture of the water and light show is very pretty:)!

    ~Aubrey

    ReplyDelete