Monday, July 27, 2009

OBAMA

This is a note of hope for all you American readers, no matter what you think of our President. I have noticed that everywhere we go, people love President Obama. They speak of him and of America with a new enthusiasm, a renewed hope for the whole world. People around the world really do look to America to be a leader in goodness and progress. In Morocco, in Spain, in Italy, in France, Denmark, Germany, and Belgium, people often comment to us that they are so glad to see a leader in the White House that seems to have such a diplomatic spirit, a peaceful approach to international issues, and an intelligent plan for addressing important concerns of our day. Everyone is glad that President Bush is gone.

I share this observation not from some political soapbox; I'm as apolitical as they come. But it has surprised and gladdened me to see the new hope that our new President has engendered in people here in Europe. People trust America again. I can't predict whether President Obama will "succeed" or "fail" as a President. But he is already bringing much (and much needed) good will and hope to the world, a feeling of optimism and faith in America as the world leader that we are. And that is a good thing.

As fellow Americans, I thought you should know.

2 comments:

  1. I am so glad to know that nations still look to us for strength and guidance. Thank you for sharing this. I don't always leave a comment but, I do follow you across the world! Love ya Cindy

    ReplyDelete