Friday, May 8, 2009

A DAY WITH HELEN
















A couple days ago I went to go see Helen. Helen was my foster mom when I was little. I went and saw where I grew up. It was so cool. First, we walked to where I used to play with my pals. Then, we continued down the hall and I saw where I slept. Then, we waited for Helen so she could give us an official tour. She took us to her room. That was where I slept when I first came home from the hospital. After that, Helen showed us where the health room was. We continued to the main sitting area and talked for a little while. I went and played with the four other kids in the playing room. They were soooo cute and kind, sweet, open and silly. The kids ate lunch and Glorie and I ate chocolate chip cookies and milk. It was a cool experience to see my foster mother and the house I grew up in.


~grace

4 comments:

  1. I'll bet Helen loved seeing you, Grace. She probably doesn't get to see her babies too often after they leave her. This must have been in Guatemala, but the house looks like it could be anywhere in the US.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful for you to reunite with this kind, giving woman, Grace.You look so grown up in these photos...a beautiful young woman.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We are so glad you were able to visit with Helen, our son Isaac was with her as well. We try and call her a few times a year and send pictures and can't wait until we can visit her as well. Our son is almost 2 so we would like to wait until he is older and able to understand more. Your visit made us smile!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cool that you got to go there, Grace! It's funny, because I remember getting all the pictures that Helen took and sent us before you could come home. Some of those rooms look familiar!

    ReplyDelete