Friday, May 1, 2009

ZIPLINES AND BUTTERFLIES








Hey, this is Grace. Today we went to the Reserva Natural Atitlan near Panajachel. They have a private beach, a butterfly garden, an oak forest, several waterfalls, nature trails, and a zip-line. The butterfly garden was amazing. There were millions of butterflies of all different sizes and colors there. We got to see the different kinds of plants they ate. We walked around for a little when Gloria found a little house. We walked over and saw it was where the caterpillars were. In this one cage there were literally millions of caterpillars. The cage wasn't the best of all cages, so there were loads of cracks that they could crawl out of. It was really fun. So was the zip line.


This is now Gloria reporting. Today we went zip lining. My sister went alone. I went with a guide since it was too fast and was hard for me to stop at the next platform. We had eight platforms to go to. We had so much fun. We loved it! My mom and dad did not come with us. We went through the jungle. While we were walking to the very first platform we saw spider monkeys and a coatimundi. We had a fun activity: you walk across a bridge that is not wobbly. Then you go on a swinging bridge that is hard to keep your balance on. I made it to the platform on the other side. My sister had a lot of trouble. First she made it across the first bridge. But then the wobble bridge was a problem. She slipped through the rungs and got tangled up in the ropes. The guide had to help her get out. It was a fun day!

















3 comments:

  1. I used to love zip lines. Not so much any more! I'm so jealous of all the animals you get to see.
    October on Kangaroo Island, that's all I have to say!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The zip lines sound like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nowadays, I get BUTTERFLIES if I even THINK of going on a flying fox. Zip line. Whatever.

    ReplyDelete