Tuesday, April 14, 2009

DR. DOOLITTLE AND GLORIA TRAVEL THE WORLD




Home school is great! My parents teach me. I am learning how to write in cursive, and I am also learning how to write paragraphs. I love it sooooooo much! Every morning, I am the first one up and I always get my work done before Grace. In my head, I say, "This is easy." I am learning about Native Americans, even the ones in Central and South America like the Incas, Mayas, and Aztecs.

I am also taking Spanish classes in the afternoon with Grace. My teacher's name is Roxanna. Here are some words I've learned: feliz, yo, rodilla, negro, and amarillo. You can look them up to find out what they mean.

I just read Doctor Doolittle Tales. It was a great, great, great book. It seems like I was Tommy Stubbins, who is the little boy who wants to be a veterinarian, like John Doolittle. John Doolittle is a great veterinarian. He used to be a regular doctor, but for some reason, he liked animals better than people. Polynesia, his pet parrot, taught him how to speak to animals. It was awesome to read to my parents. Tomorrow I get to make a play about it. And next time, I will tell you about Charlotte's Web, because that is the next book I am reading.

3 comments:

  1. Lovely writing Gloria. Too bad I don't get to see your cursive, although I've always thought cursive was a bit over-rated. I'm going to look up "rodillo" right now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome paragraphs! I am happy to know that you love your school work. I bet your mom is a fantastic teacher. I love reading about your great adventures! Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad your liking "home" school, Gloria! I love the book Charlotte's Web so I hope you like it, too!

    ReplyDelete