Sunday, April 12, 2009

EASTER SUNDAY

One of the handy things about being LDS is that wherever we go in the world, there is church.
Because The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints is a global church, we can celebrate Easter with Latter-Day Saints here in Antigua today and everything but the language is pretty much the same. The forms of worship, the class curricula, the spiritual feeling -- it's all familiar and much welcome. Even though none of us understood many of the words today, we all got the spirit of it, and it was good to share this special day with our fellow church members here.

This facet of our travels will, I expect, provide a touchstone of truth and fellowship for us, all around the globe. For that, I'm grateful.

3 comments:

  1. I love attending church in another language because you can truly focus on the Spirit and not the words. One of my best church experiences was in a testimony meeting in Brazil, though I had no idea what the Brother was saying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Easter! We are very sorry that we missed you on Skype. We were invited to a dinner at our friends' house so we were late coming home. I am glad to hear that you are having a great time there. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Garfields,
    Looks like a great time so far. Beautiful photos. I have been assigned as your home teacher via email so if you need anything I'll come running. How far is it to Mongolia? This is our way of keeping you on the home teaching rolls and keeping in touch. I will report your progress as you go. Keep that camera busy.
    Brother Richard Potter, Washougal

    ReplyDelete