Thursday, April 23, 2009

LA VIDA BUENA

The past two weeks have been devoted primarily to studying. In the mornings, we have 2-3 hours of home school, which has its ups and downs, but on the whole, is working well. In the afternoons, Grace and Gloria study Spanish for 2 hours with Roxanna, and I study with Marco for 4 hours. It wears out our brains, but we are all learning quite rapidly. We usually break up the day with a walk about town, either to do errands or just to see what's out there. One day we walked through a nearby cemetery and often, we find ourselves down Calle Santa Lucia at the video store. Tonight we brought home The Wizard of Oz. This morning, we went out for breakfast and also bought all the bus tickets we will need for the rest of our time in Guatemala. We leave Saturday morning at 4:00 a.m. for Flores and Tikal. I'm actually looking forward to the 9-hour bus ride, as it will take us through some beautiful parts of the country.

Here are some random shots of the Guatemala Garfields.

(I've tried 4 times to upload more pictures. I quit.)

7 comments:

  1. Hola me llamo, my name is Diana Im LDS, I live in El salvador, I was missionary in North Guatemala. I love my heavenly Father

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like you guys are keeping busy. The town looks so cool. I love all the old buildings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it...booked tickets to Oz today.
    You are a BAD INFLUENCE!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm enjoying all the new pictures and learning that I do when I read your blog! keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so exciting for you! Send me some chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sue, Hurray for you!! There are some great deals to Australia right now, I believe. If I can inspire anyone to get out and experience the world, I feel like I'm fulfilling my destiny. Have a wonderful trip!

    Hey, when will you be there? We are aiming for November.

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey gloria!,
    It's maddie!I miss you soo much!Emily is still being mean.She's gotten meanner ever since you left.Guess what?!Well, I've actually got three things.One:I'm in a play!It's called Brigadoon!Two:Isaw Jada out of plain sight a couple monthes ago!I met her at the new kings buffet!Out of nowhere!o.k number three:Too bad you left.Because we have penpals!Oh,I almost forgot!Samantha misses you to.Are you studing countries?We are!Jenna has been crying up tanks because she misses you sooo much.Oh,she is studying Guatamla because she misses you.Insted,I'm studing China.It is verry intresting.Well I've got to go!

    please write back,
    maddie

    ReplyDelete